Browse faster when using a mobile hotspot or public Wi-Fi with TripMode 2! This app automatically reduces your data usage when you are on a mobile hotspot, or on an expensive and limited network. When TripMode is on, it prevents all of your apps from accessing the Internet except those that you have whitelisted. It typically stops automatic updates, online backups, Photos syncs, and various obscure apps from consuming precious data. Both uploads and downloads are blocked. Use your bandwidth only for what matters to you with TripMode.
- Choose which apps are allowed to access the Internet
- Activates itself on networks where you’ve turned it on before
- See the data used per app, session, day & month
- Set a daily/weekly/monthly cap & never exceed your data limit again
- Plan on what day(s) of the week & time TripMode should turn itself on automatically
- The Next Web: “Tripmode for Mac frees you from mobile data nightmares.”
- MacWorld: “Monitor and cap your Mac’s Internet data transfer on Wi-Fi networks or while tethering with a well-made management tool.”