What is Scrivener?
Scrivener, the word processor and project management tool that stays with you from your first, unformed idea all the way through to the final draft. Scrivener won't tell you how to write—it simply provides everything you need to start writing and keep writing. Tailor-made for long writing projects, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like.
- Ring-binder metaphor: Gather your material & flick between different parts of your manuscript, notes & references with ease
- Scrivenings mode: Put together the pieces of your writing & edit them as part of a single document
- Text editor: Add bold, italics & other formattings you'd expect
- Styles: Indent block quotes & make text smaller at the same time
- Import: Import all sorts of files including Word & OpenOffice documents
- Corkboard: Step back & work on synopsis, move them & rearrange your manuscript
- Outliner: Work with an overview, arrange drafts, review synopsis & more
- Split: View documents side by side
- Full-screen writing: Lets you write in whatever form you want
- Auto-save & backups: Automatically save & back up your projects whenever they are opened or closed