One of the best features of the many form builders for WordPress is the ability to upload files that makes it much easier & faster to get information from your users.
There are a few notable examples of this including:
- Customer support forms: Customers can attach documents to provide further information to your support staff.
- User submitted content forms: Allows users to attach an image or blog post they want to share which is an important part of a user generated content strategy which is great for search engine traffic.
- Job application forms: Applicants can attach their resume files.
- Client services forms: Here clients can attach spreadsheets or project related documents
- Image files: Used for online contests or giveaways
- Audio clips: To play back during e.g. podcast
- User submitted videos: To play contact back at an event e.g. weddings, fundraisers etc.
Now that you have a few ideas on what you can do with an upload file feature let's look at why WPForms is one of the better choices to do so.
The Benefits of using WPForms
- You can create a file upload form in minutes
- You can create smart workflows that make complex data forms easy
- Contains all the fields and features you need
- Easy to customize and adapt to needs
Here are the features that make WPForms the most powerful and user-friendly WordPress form builder in the market:
- Drag & Drop Form Builder – Create an amazing form in just a few minutes
- Form Templates – Pre-built form templates included
- Responsive Mobile Friendly – Works on mobile, tablets & desktop
- Smart Conditional Logic – Create high performance forms with ease
- Instant Notifications
- Entry Management – View all leads in one place
- Multi-Page Forms – Split forms in multiple pages
- File Uploads – Allow users to upload files & media
- User Registration – Create custom WordPress user registration forms.
- Spam Protection
HOW TO MAKE A FILE UPLOAD FORM IN WORDPRESS? (Step by Step Guide)
- Install and activate the WPForms plugin on your device.
- Go to the WorkPress dashboard and click on WPForms » Add New in the left-hand panel
- Create the new form and give it a name
- Scroll down to the Additional Templates section and type “File Upload Form”
- Click on it to open the template (You must have downloaded the activated the Form Templates Pack Addon to be able to search for this form)
- WPForms will create a pre-built File Upload Form and display the drag & drop builder
- Here additional fields can be added by dragging them from the left to the right hand panel
- On the File Upload Form template, you have:
- The Name, Email, Phone, File Upload, and Additional Comments fields.
- The Click on any of the form fields function to make changes.
- The ability to click on a form field and drag it to rearrange the order on your contact form.
- The means to add the File Upload field to any WordPress form you create.
- When you click on the File upload field you can change the:
- Style – Switch between the default modern Style & the Classic style
- Max File Size – Specify in megabytes the max file size you allow users to upload. (WPForms allows a max of 128MB)
- Label – Name your form field
- Description – Describe details to users
- Required – Select this if you want users to upload a file before the submit forms
- Allowed File Extensions – Restrict the types of files that can be uploaded
Where will these file uploads be stored?
- All uploaded files by users are stored by default in the WPForms folder in your site’s Uploads directory.
- Files can also be stored in your WordPress Media Library. (Select the Store field in WordPress Media Library checkbox under Advanced Options)
After creating your Upload form it must be added to your WordPress website. With WPForms you can add your forms to multiple places on your website including your:
- Blog posts
- Sidebar widgets
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR FORM TO YOUR WEBSITE?
- Begin by creating a page or post in WordPress or go to an existing one
- Click in the first block (blank area beneath page title)
- Click on the Add WPForms icon
- The WPForms widget will appear inside of your block
- Click on the WPForms dropdown
- Pick the form you want to insert into your page
- Select your file upload form
- Click on the blue button in the top right (Publish or Update)
- Your form will now appear on your website
You can also use the embed feature to add your new form:
- Go to WPForms » All Forms
- Find the upload form you’ve created and copy its shortcode
- Paste the code anywhere onto a page, post or your website
- The form will appear dynamically